- Comprehensive information from an authoritative source: the National Institutes of Health and the National Library of Medicine.
Includes links to latest news and general overviews of Teens' health and research, specific conditions, prevention and screening, organizations,
statistics and more.
- CDC - Smoking & Tobacco Use
- Youth Tobacco Prevention, "Educational resources and materials, such as videos, tip sheets, and posters" and Youth and Tobacco Use: Current Estimates fact sheet
4 Girls Health
- Developed by the Office on Women's Health in the US Department of Health and Human Services, this website gives girls between the ages of 10 and 16
reliable, current health information. Topics include puberty, fitness, nutrition, stress and substance abuse.
American Academy of
Child & Adolescent Psychiatry Facts for Families
- This site has
an extensive list of fact sheet on various mental health conditions and
problems affecting children and teens.
This health-related Question and Answer site is produced by Columbia
University's Health Education Program. It provides factual, in-depth,
nonjudgmental information to assist teenagers' decision-making about their
physical, sexual, emotional, and spiritual health.
Healthfinder Information for Teens
Sponsored by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, this site
provides links to web resources and organizations.
- I Wanna Know
- Sponsored by the American Social Health Association, this site provides the answers teens need to make informed decisions about sexual health and
- From the US Department of Health and Human Services, information for teens on how to make decisions about sex. What is STD?
- TeensHealth: Answers & Advice
From the medical staff of the Nemours Foundation, this fun site provides basic information about the body, nutrition, drugs and alcohol, diseases
and conditions and personal safety.
- From the Planned Parenthood Federation of America, this site provides information on dating, sexual health, sexually transmitted diseases,
pregnancy prevention and family planning. Contributions from teenagers are welcome.
PlaneTree Health Library · 15891 Los Gatos-Almaden Rd. · Los Gatos, CA 95032
(408) 358 - 5667
Please note our disclaimer: materials at PlaneTree Health Library
are not intended to replace advice or instruction of a healthcare professional.
Also, the links found on this web site do not constitute endorsement or
recommendation by the Planetree organization, its affiliates, or individuals. We
are not responsible for the content of web sites referenced from this site.