Major AIDS/HIV Sites
- ÆGIS: AIDS Education Global
- A major resource for HIV/AIDS news, information, etc.
- HIV | InSite | Gateway
to AIDS Knowledge
- Updates, articles, opinionpieces, documents and abstracts written and managed by top researchers on HIV prevention, education and social issues. Supported by UCSF AIDS specialists.
- The Body: A
Multimedia AIDS and HIV Resource
- Critical Path AIDS Project--AIDS
- AIDS Research Information, AIDS Prevention Information
- AIDS information from the point of view of persons with
AIDS and AIDS treatment activists
Clinical and Treatment Sites
- "database of organizations conducting HIV-related clinical research in the United States".
- The Pediatric AIDS Clinical Trials
Group Home Page
- The Adult AIDS Clinical Trials Group
Insite Treatment Guidelines
- Community Programs For Clinical
Research on AIDS
Government HIV/AIDS Information Sites
Caring for Someone with AIDS at Home
- Information for home caregivers from the Center for Disease Control (CDC) on the basics of caregiving and how to protect themselves, provide emotional support, guard against infections and more. Includes an AIDS glossary.
- CDC National Prevention Information Network
- (formerly the National AIDS Clearinghouse) From the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- CDC: HIV/AIDS Resources
- More information from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention - National Center for HIV, STD and TB Prevention, Divisions of HIV/AIDS Prevention
- FDA: HIV AIDS OSHI
- Produced by the Food and Drug Administration's Office
of Special Health Issues
HIV and Its Treatment: What You Should Know
- From the AIDSinfo Information Service, this document describes established and new treatment options.
- Nat'l Inst of
Allergy and Infectious Disease: Div of AIDS
- Part of NIH. Conference/meeting summaries, research
resources, and info on programs supported by the Div. of AIDS.
- Office of
Minority Health, Minority HIV/AIDS Initiative
- U.S. National Library of Medicine
- Producers of MEDLINE, AIDSLINE, AIDSTRIALS, AIDSDRUGS and
other free databases, as well as Medline Plus and PubMED (search engines for these
- Gay Men's Health Crisis
The Body: U.S. National AIDS Hotline and Resources
- Johns Hopkins AIDS Service
- NAPWA: Nat'l Assoc. of Persons with
- The NAMES Project Foundation:
AIDS Memorial Quilt
- What About AIDS?
- An exhibit from the New York Hall of Science
- The HIV/AIDS Ministries
HIV/AIDS Medical Indexes and Directories
- A gateway consumer health and human services information web site.
- Site of links to evaluated information resources in the health sciences on the web.
- MEDLINEplus AIDS/HIV Resources
- Medscape - AIDS
Biomedical Internet Resources
Search U.S. National Library of Medicine's MEDLINE and AIDS-Related Databases
- NLM AIDS Portal
- Consumer Health Information - AIDS
- Welcome to PubMed
- DIRLINE® Description
Local (San Jose / San Francisco Bay Area) HIV/AIDS Resources
- ACRC - AIDS Community Research
- Providing clinical drug trials for HIV related
conditions since 1988 in San Mateo, Santa Clara, and Santa Cruz counties.
- Billy DeFrank Lesbian & Gay
Community Center Online
- Assisting the Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual and
Transgendered community in Santa Clara County
The Health Trust
- Case management services for Santa Clara County
- Comprehensive consumer health and medical library that is
free and open to the public.
- Project Inform Home Page - HIV /
AIDS Treatment Information and Advocacy
- HIV treatment organization providing a free nationwide
treatment hotline, as well as local and national educational meetings.
- Resource Guide to
HIV/AIDS Related Services in Santa Clara County
- Covers a vast array of resources in health, medical,
psycho-social, educational, and community support.
- UCSF Aids Health Project
HIV/AIDS Forums and Support Groups
- California's referral database.
- Interactive Q&A
Forums from - The Body: Insight From Expert
- The Neil A. Christie Living Center
- Women Organized to Respond to Life
Threatening Disease: Home
Current HIV/AIDS Medical News
- Reuters Health Information Services
- Select "Medical News" and then use the search field to look for news on AIDS, etc.
- HSLS Medical &
Scientific News Resources
- Good list of sites for news in health and medicine.
- CDC National Prevention Information Network - Prevention News Update
- CNN - Health
Treatment News - Online
- A&U America's AIDS Magazine
- Artistic, literary, creative and cultural responses
to the AIDS crisis.
- The OPTIMIST
- Positively Aware
- Favorite columnists on AIDS topics selected by The Body.com
- UCSF AIDS Research
Books on HIV/AIDS
- AIDS Knowledge Base - Textbook on
- A textbook on HIV disease from the University of California, San Francisco and the San Francisco General Hospital.
- Merck Publications
La SIDA (AIDS) Bookmarks in Español(Spanish)
- PlaneTree en Español
- CDC National AIDS Hotline / La Línea Nacional del SIDA de los CDC
- VIH y SIDA
- HIV |
InSite | Hojas informativas
- English, French, and Spanish
Complementary Medicine Including
Back to Top
- Bastyr University AIDS Research Center
- The Alternative Medicine Homepage
PlaneTree Health Library ·
15891 Los Gatos-Almaden Rd. ·
Los Gatos, CA 95032
(408) 358 - 5667
Please note our disclaimer: materials at PlaneTree Health Library are not intended to replace advice or instruction of a healthcare professional. Also, the links found on this web site do not constitute endorsement or recommendation by the Planetree organization, its affiliates, or individuals. We are not responsible for the content of web sites referenced from this site.