PlaneTree Health Library ·
15891 Los Gatos-Almaden Rd. ·
Los Gatos, CA 95032
Complementary & Alternative Medicine
Back to Top
Comprehensive information from an authoritative source: the National
Institutes of Health and the National Library of Medicine. Includes links
to latest news and general overviews of complementary and alternative
health and research, specific conditions, prevention and screening,
organizations, statistics and more.
- Herbs and Supplements New
"Browse dietary supplements and herbal remedies to learn about their effectiveness, usual dosage, and drug interactions."
Medicine Foundation Resource Guides
- these excellent guides contain an introduction to the topic, links to books, journals, web sites and organizations. Guides cover many topics
including choosing a practitioner, how to make sense of contradictory
research and information on modalities such as homeopathy, Ayurveda, Tibetan medicine and more.
- hosted by the University of Pittsburgh, The Alternative Medicine Homepage
calls itself "a jump station for sources of information on unconventional,
unorthodox, unproven, or alternative, complementary, innovative,
integrative therapies." Lots of links.
- Ask Dr. Weil
Weil, M.D. is a leader in the movement toward "integrative medicine" --
combining the best of conventional Western medicine and the so-called
"alternative" therapies. This is an informative site that highlights
Dr. Weil's previous work as well as his answers to questions about
complementary, alternative, and integrative approaches to health
Bandolier - Complementary and Alternative Therapies
- articles from an online healthcare journal that gathers the best evidence available on complementary and alternative therapies.
- though modestly
characterized as a "partial listing," this is a comprehensive guide to
internet and online resources covering complementary therapies and
alternative medical practices. From the Bastyr University (School of
Naturopathic Medicine) Library in Seattle.
Complementary Medicine Resource Guide
- the Center for Complementary and Alternative Pharmacotherapy has created
this directory of links to databases, journals and websites pertaining to
the Advancement of Innovative Medicine: CAM Glossary
- a glossary of complementary and alternative medicine terminology designed
for the layperson.
National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine
- established by Congress in 1998, the NCCAM is one of the 27 institutes of
the National Institutes of Health. Its website defines complementary and
alternative medicine and provides new alerts, information on research and
clinical trials and more.
Rosenthal Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine
- contains a wealth of links on therapies, health issues, education and training.
(408) 358 - 5667
Please note our disclaimer: materials at PlaneTree Health Library are not intended to replace advice or instruction of a healthcare professional. Also, the links found on this web site do not constitute endorsement or recommendation by the Planetree organization, its affiliates, or individuals. We are not responsible for the content of web sites referenced from this site.