Back to Top
MedlinePlus Children's Health
- Comprehensive information from an authoritative source: the National
Institutes of Health and the National Library of Medicine. Includes links to latest news and general overviews of childrens' health and research,
specific conditions, prevention and screening, organizations, statistics and more.
- ADHD Centers
- Explains ADD and offers information on coping, medications and recommends additional resources for parents and kids.
American Academy of
Child & Adolescent Psychiatry Resource Centers
- "AACAP Resource Centers empower consumers through patient education. Each AACAP Resource Center contains consumer-friendly definitions, answers to frequently asked questions, clinical resources, expert videos, and abstracts from the JAACAP, Scientific Proceedings and Facts for Families relevant to each disorder."
American Academy of Pediatrics: Children’s Health Topics
- provides patient education information for families, parents and the community. Resources include developmental stages, behavioral and mental health, community health, as well as diseases and conditions related to infants, children, adolescents, and young adults.
Cancers at NCI
- Helping kids with cancer or other life-threatening
illnesses with information written for and by them. This site sponsored
by the National Cancer Institute offers personal stories, poetry and
information covering cancer treatments, managing eating problems during
cancer treatment, and coping for the family.
Children with Diabetes
- Sponsored by a non-profit organization, this
site is chock-full of information for kids, teens, and parents concerning
every aspect of diabetes treatment and control.
- EPA Explorer's club
Interactive games, pictures and stories from this
U.S. Environmental Protection Agency web site helps kids (aimed at ages 5 - 12) increase their awareness of environmental impact and action.
- FDA Home Page for Kids
Quizzes, games and Yorick, the bionic skeleton that helps kids learn
about food safety, immunization vaccines, medical devices and more. The "Parent's Corner" contains useful family care
information, plus articles of interest from the FDA Consumer magazine. The FDA's Center for Veterinary Medicine provides animal care
and safety information and links to its "Information for Consumers" page with answers to questions about veterinary medical issues.
- FEMA For Kids
- This excellent site offers kids disaster information including pet care, how to put together a home supply kit, and has educational games and
coloring book. Fun for all ages!
- healthfinder for Kids
- Developed by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, healthfinder for KIDS lists health Web sites suitable for children in
categories such as Cool and Uncool Stuff, Games, Safe Surfing, and Art Contest. It is an extensive and well organized Web site resource list from
a reputable source.
- Human Body - Blending in But Staying Special
- A K-4 school in Indiana developed this site that helps children navigate the human body. This site explains organ donation, transplantation, and has graphics of body
- A site geared to prevent unreasonable risks of injuries to children that are
associated with consumer products.
- Solid information and interactive article for parents and kids about children's health ranging from medical/surgical issues to "cooties".
Engaging, colorful graphics are fun, but may be slow to download during periods of high web usage.
- Kidzone is produced by LD (learning disabilities) Online, and offers stories, artwork and information for young people with disabilities.
- Mayo Clinic: Health Information
- Children's health
- For students and teachers who want to learn more about the
- Written by Jeffrey W. Hull, a pediatrician, this project gives short, easily understood answers to common questions
that come up in his everyday practice.
- Parents Helping Parents
A national non-profit agency serving children
with special needs and their families, caregivers, and health care professionals. Their web site has extensive links and resources.
- Your Child's Health
- This website from the Children's Center of Dallas features a wide variety
of articles on family life, nutrition, safety and health.
- Zero to Three
- Zero to Three is a national non-profit organization dedicated solely to the healthy development of infants and toddlers. Their website includes
handouts created with the American Academy of Pediatrics on how parents can best support their child's development and growing brain.
PlaneTree Health Library · 15891 Los Gatos-Almaden Rd. · Los Gatos, CA 95032
(408) 358 - 5667
Please note our disclaimer: materials at PlaneTree Health Library
are not intended to replace advice or instruction of a healthcare professional.
Also, the links found on this web site do not constitute endorsement or
recommendation by the Planetree organization, its affiliates, or individuals. We
are not responsible for the content of web sites referenced from this site.